Lightning Service Console
Lightning Service Console is the heart of a service cloud. The Service Cloud is the standard Lightning Console App which provides the personalized view of each customer and meets the team’s case management and service needs by allowing them to access all things case-related.
Lightning Console in service cloud makes it easier for Sales Reps and Customer Service Agents to spot the information they need to get their jobs done faster.
Features to Flaunt
- Case Management : You can put the information required by your Agents all in one place for quick access of customer issues to deliver fast service.
- Service Cloud Support : With the ease of quick access, Agents can be more productive while providing solutions to the customers.
- Support Channels : Customers can reach out to agents using various channels – phone, email, web chat, social network channels, and more that they can use to contact you.
- Omnichannel : Automatically Routing of cases to appropriate agents – those with expertise and availability to address the issue.
- Einstein Bots : Ensures that agents are having enough tools they need to respond to customers questions and requests efficiently.
- Reporting : Reports and Dashboards provide the detailed picture of an entire service team to track the number of cases created, case comments, cases awaiting for responses and letting managers take actions to increase the efficiency in real time.
- Knowledge Articles : For Customer self-service or to enable agents to find the right answer faster, Knowledge Articles drive speedy case resolution and exceptional customer care written by experienced service agents and internal writers.
Setup of Salesforce Service Console
- On the Salesforce Setup Page, Navigate to Administrator > Users > Users.
- Click on edit for desired user or click on new button to create new user.
- Select the Service Cloud User Checkbox.
- In the quick find box, search for apps and click on Apps Manager.
- Click the New Lightning App button
- Fill in the App Details : App Name, Developer Name, Description and click Next.
- On the App Options page, select Console Navigation and Service Setup. Click Next.
- On the Utility Items page, click Add Utility Item.
- Click History.
- Similarly add Macros and Open CTI Softphone. Click next.
- On the Navigation Items page, use CTRL/Command to select Accounts, Cases, Contacts, and Knowledge from the Available Items list, and click Arrow icon to add them to the Selected Items list.
- Click Next.
- On the Navigation Rules page, choose how the following open.
* Accounts: Select the Workspace tabs radio button.
* Cases: Select the Subtabs of radio button and choose Account (Account) from the picklist.
* Contacts: Select the Subtabs of radio button and choose Account (Account) from the picklist.
- Click Next.
- On the User Profiles page, use CTRL/Command to select Custom: Support Profile and System Administrator, and click Arrow icon to add them to the Selected Profiles list.
- Click Save & Finish.
Limitations of Service Console
- Lightning Console doesn’t support visualforce buttons and links.
- Person accounts don’t have the same three-column layout as business accounts.
- Some Knowledge component actions don’t work in Lightning console apps, including attaching PDF files, adding article contents to case emails, and adding article community URLs.
- If you click an internal link from a Chatter post in Lightning Console, the link doesn’t open in the same browser tab. Instead, the link opens in a new console tab in an entirely new browser tab.